ViaSport Issues 'Return To Sport' Guidelines
The following is a release from viaSport
viaSport is pleased to release the Return to Sport Guidelines.
We are all eager for sport to return to B.C. and bring our communities together. These guidelines will help sport organizations across British Columbia develop their own plans for a safe return to sport.
In an effort to support individuals and organizations in the sport community, we have created a hub of resources and information at our Return to Sport page. This includes:
- The Return to Sport Guidelines for B.C.
- A list of FAQs
- A Sport Activity Chart - outlines the types of activities that can be considered as we transition through the various return phases
- Sport-specific plans as they become available
- Partner guidelines for reference, like the BC Recreation and Parks Association's Guideline
- Additional resources for developing a return to sport plan
viaSport will be hosting a webinar to answer your questions on returning to sport open to all – municipal and recreation leaders, local sport organizations, facility operators, community stakeholders and interested parents on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. Register here.
Returning to sport safely requires a coordinated effort from all of us. Please take a moment to share this message with anyone you think may benefit from receiving updates on the return to sport process.
From all of us at viaSport, we hope you are all keeping safe and healthy.