ALL BRITISH COLUMBIA GOLF VOTING MEMBERS
ALL SECRETARY/TREASURER OF ZONES
FIRST NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TAKE NOTICE THATthe 17th Annual General Meeting of British Columbia Golf will be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020. The meeting location will be Richmond Country Club, 9100 Steveston Highway, Richmond, BC V7A 1M5.
All supporting documents can be located on our website by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.
Each member club is represented by delegates based on membership size. The delegate list for the 16th annual AGM is posted on our website along with all other AGM notifications. British Columbia Golf will consider that delegate list to be eligible to vote in the 17th annual AGM unless a revised list of delegates is provided.
To confirm a club’s allowable number of delegates, please refer to by-law 23.1 enclosed. Please complete the Delegate Registration Form and include addresses and email contacts for each delegate, as they will receive meeting and voting materials directly.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
9:30 - 10:00am Registration
10:00 – 11:00am Annual General Meeting
11:15 – 3:00 PM Education Sessions
(Lunch will be hosted by British Columbia Golf)
DATED February 14, 2020
Michelle Collens, President
On behalf of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Please note the following sections of the Constitution and By-Laws of the British Columbia Golf Association:
12.6 Directors at Large must be elected pursuant to the following process:
- Nominations of candidates may also be made in writing and signed by at least three Voting Members. Such nominations must be accompanied by the written consent of the nominee(s) and delivered to the Association at least 21 days prior to the General Meeting; (Deadline 4:30 pm Pacific Standard Time, March 6, 2020)
23.1 Each Voting Member must be entitled to appoint Delegates to represent it at General Meetings according to the following formula:
- a membership of 150 or less: 1 Delegate
- a membership of 151 to 300: 2 Delegates
- a membership of 301 to 450: 3 Delegates
- a membership of 452 to 600: 4 Delegates and
- a membership of 601 or more: 5 Delegates
23.2 For purposes of this section, the number of Delegates from a Voting Member must be calculated according to the number of its members as at September 30th of the year preceding the Annual Meeting.
- notification that each Voting Member is entitled to nominate Members as candidates for election for the office of Director at Large, pursuant to guidelines as issued by the Board
- the number of eligible Delegates pursuant to section 23
- a list of the nominees selected by the Nominating Committee for election for the office of Director at Large
At the Annual Meeting, Delegates will be asked to elect three (3) Directors at Large to serve the Association.
In naming your delegates, it is important to acknowledge that British Columbia Golf represents both men and women. Membership numbers for each Voting Member include both Men and Women. Delegates to the AGM should reflect both genders.
We would encourage all clubs to name Delegates to the AGM. Delegates do not have to attend the AGM but can vote by proxy. Details on how to complete proxies will be sent with the second notice of meeting to delegates only. We ask that clubs notify British Columbia Golf as to the name and contact information of their delegates on the form provided on or before March 6, 2020. Thank you for your prompt attention to this notice.
Note: You can fax forms to our office at (604) 952-0060 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is posted on our website: