2020 Handicap System Workshops & Webinars
Attendees will learn how handicap factors are determined, how to compete equitably from different sets of tees, when to post scores and which scores are acceptable for posting. The role of Golf Canada, British Columbia Golf, the Handicap Committee and the Player will be clarified as will how these four groups, working together, make the handicap system work.
Provincial Course Rating Seminars
We’re always looking to develop new course raters for our rating teams. If you are interested in becoming involved in your zone, please contact our office or your zone for more information. Course raters are involved in:
- measuring golf courses
- evaluating obstacles and conditions that affect playing length
- computing a Course Rating and Slope Rating based on the measurements and evaluations
Contact Kojo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2020 Rules of Golf Seminars
Level 1 provides an interesting and easy way to learn the basics of the Rules of Golf. This level will focus on Etiquette, the principle definitions and commonly encountered situations on the course. As part of the Level 1 program, students will be able to test their knowledge by taking the review questions at the end of each section before attempting the online Level 1 Exam. To begin your Rules Education, start here.
Level 2 (provincial certification) seminars will be conducted by provincial golf associations, and the curriculum will begin to look at the more important playing Rules in detail. Some of the complexities that are found in the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf are introduced along while also implementing on-course demonstrations. Level 2 (Provincial) will be designed for individuals with an involvement in tournament administration, or a desire to have such an involvement.
Level 3 (national certification) will consist of a three-day seminar run by Golf Canada. It serves to give guidance and advice on refereeing at the highest level. This program is intended for experienced referees who wish to improve both their technical and practical knowledge as a referee.
General seminars (1 day) as well as self-paced and club level (90 minute) seminars will be available begining in January. Final dates to be determined.
Level 2 Provincial Certification (previously Level 3)
These sessions are intended for experienced referees, individuals who have completed Level 2 on the 2016 code and individuals with a solid understanding of the Rules of Golf.
Entry requirements for the 2020 Provincial Level 2:
Priority will be given who (maximum 30 participants):
- - have acheived 70% or better on a Level 3 exam written in 2013 or later; or
- - have achieved 70% or better on a Level 4 exam written in 2013 or later, or
- - have achieved 75% or better on a USGA Rules exam written in 2013 or later,
- - or have passed their Level 2 exam and completed the practical hours in 2013 or later.
Level 3 National Certification (previously Level 4)
Rules Seminar Information
Golf Canada’s seminars on the Rules of Golf are intended for experienced referees.
Entry requirements for the 2020 National Level 3:
3-DAY SEMINARS (Fri. – Sun.)
Priority for registration for the series of Rules of Golf seminars on the 2019 Rules of Golf will be given to persons who:
- have achieved 85% or better on the Level 3 Rules Exam written in 2013 or later; or
- have achieved 85% or better on the Level 4 Rules Exam written in 2013 or later; or
- have achieved 70% or better on the USGA Rules Exam written in 2013 or later; or
- have attained their Level 2 certification in the 2019 Rules of Golf.
2020 Spring National Rules Seminars TBA