BC Golf courses and industry associations are often looking for interested, reliable people to help them throughout their season and from time to time will post openings on this page. Check back to see what is available.
British Columbia Golf Employment Opportunity
British Columbia Golf is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by Government and Golf Canada as the organization responsible for golf within British Columbia. The organization is a non-profit, operating with a volunteer board. Incorporated in 1922, British Columbia Golf has roots extending back to 1893.
Click HERE to see memorandum on BC Golf election of Board Members (Volunteer positions) for 2017
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GOLF INDUSTRY
Eaglequest Coquitlam - posted April 28, 2016
Golf Shop Attendant / Guest Services
Eaglequest Golf at Coquitlam
Coquitlam, British Columbia
Eaglequest Golf Centres are a Canadian-owned company with six sites that span from coast to coast, and a company mission to grow the game of golf by making it fun! Eaglequest Golf at Coquitlam features a 9-hole par 27 golf course and a 9-hole Foot Golf course. Manicured fairways, large greens and grass Tee-boxes make the course excellent for beginners, while offering a unique challenge for the advanced. Our driving range offers 78 stalls that share two levels. Heat, floodlights at night make it comfortable to practice year round. The property also offers a Café with a fully licensed patio. The Boardroom holds 60 people comfortably and is ideal for meetings, banquets and tournaments. Eaglequest Golf at Coquitlam also has one of the most entertaining 18-hole mini-putt layouts in the Lower Mainland, great for hosting birthday parties, school groups, team building events and offers fun for all ages. We really have it all at Eaglequest Golf at Coquitlam and love to bring the fun into everything we do!! The facility is located at 1001 United Blvd in the heart of Coquitlam.
Eaglequest Golf at Coquitlam is seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to join our Golf shop team and fill the position of Golf Shop Attendant / Guest Services. The primary function will be to assist with the daily operations of the golf course / driving range while providing the highest level of customer service on an ongoing basis. His or her focus will be on properly checking-in guests and members for play, as well as booking in future rounds of golf and assisting with the organization and sales of merchandise in the shop. This role provides an excellent career developing opportunity for the right individual.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and excel in public relations and organizational skills
- Providing an exceptional customer service experience to all members and guests
- Must have strong selling skills and a knowledge of golf shop merchandise
- Comfortable making responsible decisions and develops recommendations for effective problem solving
- Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities relating to golf operations
- Must be able to work independently and provide leadership in a team environment
- Must be able to work weekday, weekends, holidays and a variety of early morning, and late evening shifts
- Possess a high level of commitment
- Assist the Food & Beverage department when assistance is required
- Experience in golf and or recreation is an asset
- Point of Sale experience in a retail operation is a definite asset
- Be a dedicated, trustworthy and loyal member of The Eaglequest team
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service on an ongoing basis
- Register all sales transactions with accuracy
- Balance daily cash out receipts in accordance to corporate cash handing procedures at the conclusion of each shift
- Assist in opening/closing duties as assigned on a regular basis
- Ensure the golf shop is clean and organized at all times with a precise attention to detail
- Retail Merchandizing skills an asset
- Knowledge of golf merchandise and golf equipment an asset
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must have a professional phone manner
- Assist with the execution of our Ladies’ Leagues and outside events
- Complete special projects in a timely manner as requested
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Previous experience at a golf course an asset
- Most importantly, happy, driven, and loves to have FUN!!!
- Starts May 15 – September 15/16
- Seasonal position
- Meal Discounts
- Supplied Uniform
- FREE Golf & Range
- Hourly Rate $12 - $13 based on experience
- May 15th / 16
Please email a cover letter and resume to the GM/Director of Golf at firstname.lastname@example.org
CARNOUSTIE GOLF CLUB JOB OPPORTUNITY - POSTED APRIL 11, 2016
Carnoustie Golf Club in Port Coquitlam is looking for experienced greens crew staff. The job is full-time seasonal. Must have minimum 2 years experience on ALL TYPES of mowing equipment. We are offering competitive wages commensurate with experience. Please email email@example.com with resume and noted “Greens crew staff”.