BC Golf courses and industry associations are often looking for interested, reliable people to help them throughout their season and from time to time will post openings on this page. Check back to see what is available.
British Columbia Golf is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by Government and Golf Canada as the organization responsible for golf within British Columbia. The organization is a non-profit, operating with a volunteer board. Incorporated in 1922, British Columbia Golf has roots extending back to 1893.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GOLF INDUSTRY
Creston Golf Club - Career Opportunity
The Director of Golf / Head Golf Professional is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and services of the golf course, including but not limited to: the golf shop, tournaments, practice facilities, suggestions for the condition and play of the course and the cart fleet.
He/she is instrumental in developing and implementing marketing strategies, golf events and golf and junior golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace. The desired candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors to implement applicable club policies including but not limited to: operating, human resources, and safety policies/procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside services program activities.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations and ideally, be able to assist with community and other responsibilities related to the Golf Club. The successful candidate will also be accountable for achieving budgeted financial goals relative to the operations for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement applicable club operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to the golf shop and outside services groups
- Plan and schedule work duties (overtime hours kept to a minimum) of department personnel. Monitor their day-to-day performance to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved. Has full authority for golf shop personnel actions
- Oversee daily operating activities including opening, closing and securing the golf shop and storage buildings; managing daily cash flow to ensure cash/credit card charges balance with sales receipts; monitoring staff interaction with guests to ensure proper customer service; maintaining clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays; ensuring that the golf shop, storage areas and cart shed are maintained to applicable appearance standards
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise, participate in selling merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs
- Track types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with club products and services. Assess the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement
- Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner. Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Ensure all phone calls are handled before the third ring
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics. (local school practice schedules during golf season)
- Develop and coordinate marketing programs to promote the facilities services to potential customers, oversee all golf events and daily play
- Ensure the golf shop is organized and efficient, maintaining a direct line of communication with the restaurant manager for all food and beverage activities involving the golf shop
- Communicate information to superintendent regarding course conditions from pro shop staff, members and guests, including damage to club carts and other aspects relating to course maintenance
- Ensure ancillary services including, but not limited to, the handicapping system and driving range facilities are efficiently organized and maintained
- Represent the club in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies. Participate in due-diligence site visits and provide market analysis for various projects, when requested
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary reports
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations
- Perform additional duties as discussed with the Board of Directors
- Education in Business Management (BCom) or equivalent experience preferred
- LPGA/PGA Class A credentials
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management and staff management. Retailing, marketing, and/or sales and customer service, guest relations experience preferred (food and beverage management a plus)
- Proficiency with computer software (Golf Now G1 Point of Sales system and Golf Canada Handicap system) including word processing and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
- Certified in first-aid and CPR a plus
Golf staff, outside services, starters, rangers, other areas as needed.
Please send cover letter and resumes by email to:
Employment Opportunities At Nico Wynd GC
We're always looking for fun-loving, outgoing people to give our golfers the experience they deserve. If you'd like to lend us your smile and extraordinary service skills, please feel free to email or drop off your resume! We have the following positions open:
Duties are but not limited to answering phones, booking tee times, checking in golfers, taking food orders, delivering food, keeping inside and outside areas clean.
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
Please call 604-535-9511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other Job Opportunity Resources: