BC Golf courses and industry associations are often looking for interested, reliable people to help them throughout their season and from time to time will post openings on this page. Check back to see what is available.
British Columbia Golf is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by Government and Golf Canada as the organization responsible for golf within British Columbia. The organization is a non-profit, operating with a volunteer board. Incorporated in 1922, British Columbia Golf has roots extending back to 1893.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GOLF INDUSTRY
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to lead our communications department. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages customers and builds brand recognition. You will be responsible for determining and overseeing the best ways to represent Sport BC’s brand identity and voice across all media platforms.
Your main duties will also include creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s brand, products, and services. You will also serve as a strategic advisor to the President & CEO in providing thought leadership on matters of marketing, public relations, and communications to Sport BC and its departments. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with brilliant presentation and organizational skills. You will report to the President & CEO.
• Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials
• Develop marketing and communication strategies
• Ensure information released is consistent with strategy at large
• Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build brand awareness, and membership satisfaction
• Prepare detailed media activity reports
• Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials
• Work with different marketing departments to generate new ideas and strategies
• Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready
• Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions
• Lead the marketing and public relations staff
• Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous
• Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ensuring quality control of all information released
• Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
• Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management
This is a full-time position on a 1-year term contract based in Vancouver, BC. Please submit your CV to Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org, the posting will remain open until Friday, September 6 at 5 pm. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.