BC Golf courses and industry associations are often looking for interested, reliable people to help them throughout their season and from time to time will post openings on this page. Check back to see what is available.
British Columbia Golf Employment Opportunity
British Columbia Golf is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by Government and Golf Canada as the organization responsible for golf within British Columbia. The organization is a non-profit, operating with a volunteer board. Incorporated in 1922, British Columbia Golf has roots extending back to 1893.
Click HERE to see memorandum on BC Golf election of Board Members (Volunteer positions) for 2017
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE GOLF INDUSTRY
Mackenzie Tour - PGA TOUR Canada
You are confident and entrepreneurial, known for your positive attitude and ability to thrive in a pay for performance sales environment. The sales representative will focus on identifying and selling sponsorship and hospitality packages for the Freedom 55 Financial Open. The week-long event is the Vancouver stop on the Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada schedule.
- Identify companies that would have interest in purchasing sponsorship or hospitality packages for the event
- Follow leads provided by advisory committee to secure sales
- Meeting with companies to understand their business objectives and develop sponsorship packages to meet their needs
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with the Tournament Director
- Assist in the concept development of sponsorship packages based on the objectives of sales prospects
- Work with Tournament Director to set monthly goals and objectives
- Provide weekly updates on sales activities
Desired Skills & Experience
- A passion and knowledge of the golf industry and sponsorship marketing
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability and willingness to conduct cold calls
- 2 – 5 years of sales experience
- A university degree equivalent work experience considered an asset
To learn more about the event, visit the tournament website www.freedom55financialopen.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19th.
First Tee Of Greater Vancouver 2018 Employment Opportunity
POSITION TITLE: GOLF AND LIFE SKILLS COACH (Group Lead & Team Lead)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR and EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
COMPENSATION: HOURLY; STARTING WAGE $13-15/HR; COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
The Golf and Life Skills Coach is responsible for guiding and coaching young people to build character, overcome challenges, and become responsible future citizens and committed, active golfers through the lessons and coaching philosophies of The First Tee Life Skills Curriculum.
About the Position
The Golf and Life Skills Coach is a part-time permanent employee of The First Tee of Greater Vancouver YMCA, a nonprofit organization, and compensated by hourly wage on a biweekly basis. Employees are held to a high standard of conduct and desire for personal development, to coincide with the Nine Core Values and Life Skills Experience of The First Tee. Responsibilities and leadership are shared by all coaches in a team environment, with the expectation of each individual to be commensurate with their level of experience and to develop each season.
For further information and complete details as well as application form(s) please click on the icons below: