Scottsdale Is ‘Loonie’ For Canadians
Talking Stick Resort Is Offering Canadians A Room Upgrade From Standard To Suite For Only $2 - Image Courtesy Talking Stick Resort
“Loonie Love” Campaign Offers Canadians Discounts Throughout 2016
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Nov. 20, 2015) – With 330 days of sunshine and winter temperatures that average 72 degrees, it’s no wonder that Canadians are loonie for Scottsdale.
This year, Scottsdale’s hotels, resorts, restaurants and attractions are reciprocating the love by offering Canadian visitors discounts throughout 2016 to offset the weaker Canadian dollar.
“It’s a small way for us to say ‘thank you’ to the Canadian visitors who choose to travel to Scottsdale,” said Caroline Stoeckel, vice president of marketing of the Scottsdale bureau. “A weak Canadian dollar shouldn’t need to eliminate the possibility of enjoying our warm weather and hospitality.”
Friends to the North, get in on the steals with these loonie deals through Dec. 31, 2016. For a comprehensive list of all campaign deals, visit LoonieLoveinScottsdale.com.
Stay and Play
- Feel like you’re on the set of Mad Men when you stay at the mid-century modern Hotel Valley Ho, where you’ll be treated to 15 percent of the nightly rate when you book the “Canadian Rate.”
- “Loonie Toonie Upgrades” at Talking Stick Resort mean that you can upgrade from a standard room to a suite for only $2. And when you’re not in your posh sleeping quarters, enjoy Vegas-style entertainment at the resort’s casino and showroom.
- To spa or not to spa? Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort makes that decision easy with the “See More Sanctuary” package that includes a $200 resort credit and 10 percent off three nights or more. Spend what you don’t use at the spa at the resort’s signature restaurant elements, helmed by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan.
- Play where the pros do with the “Escape the Canadian Cold and Warm Up in Scottsdale” package at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. In addition to accommodations, this package includes one round of golf per adult at TPC Scottsdale, the home of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, transportation to and from the course, use of the practice facility and access to golf concierge.
- One of Scottsdale’s crown jewels, The Phoenician, wants you to stay three and get the fourth night free with the “Complimentary 4th Night Package.” Also enjoy a $100 food and beverage credit and a complimentary upgrade at check-in.
On the Go
- “Shop Like a Loonie” at the largest mall in the Southwest, Scottsdale Fashion Square. Show your out-of-town ID at Scottsdale Fashion Square’s Concierge Desk to receive a complimentary visitor rewards card with $750 in savings and special offers from participating stores and restaurants.
- Check a hot air balloon flight off your bucket list with Rainbow Ryders, offering a $35 discount on your flight. Take to the skies during daily sunrise flights year-round or book a sunset flight November through March.
- Buy admission for one to Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) and receive a second ticket free. Through April 24, SMoCA will have light-based art visionary Bruce Munro’s “Ferryman Crossing” on display. Ferryman Crossing is just one stop in Desert Radiance, an unprecedented artistic collaboration by Munro. Plan a visit to the Arizona Canal brought to you by Scottsdale Public Art through March and Desert Botanical Garden through May 8 to see more of Munro’s eye-catching work.
- If you mountain bike like a bighorn sheep scales cliffs, you’ll enjoy a 10 percent discount on bike rentals at Arizona Outback Adventures. Then, take to Scottsdale’s pristine McDowell Sonoran Preserve, home to more than 100 miles of trails.
- Relax with peace of mind at Spa Lamar, where the exchange rate has been thrown out the window. Your $1 of Canadian cash will be valued as if it is $1 U.S. Never will your Hot Stone Ritual Massage feel better.
Canada is Scottsdale’s No. 1 international travel market, and the top revenue-producing Canadian markets by city are Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton. As such, getting to Scottsdale from Canada has never been easier thanks to robust airlift offerings at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, including convenient nonstop service, via Air Canada, American Airlines, United and WestJet.