BC Golf & Curl BC Jointly Seek Events Manager
BC Provincial Sport Organizations, British Columbia Golf and Curl BC are jointly looking to hire an Events Manager to perform an important role on behalf of both organizations in a contract position split equally over a 12-month period between the two.
Please see full details and how to apply below.
Job Title: Events Manager
Organizations: British Columbia Golf (April to September) and Curl BC (October to March)
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Reports To: Director of Rules and Competitions of British Columbia Golf and Competitions Manager of Curl BC
Position Type: Contract position from December to September for the first year. Renewable annually for a 12-month period with the consent of all parties going forward. Pay range of $25 to $30/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
About British Columbia Golf:
British Columbia Golf is the governing body for amateur golf in the province of British Columbia, Canada. We are dedicated to fostering the growth, development, and promotion of the sport of golf across the region. BC Golf is committed to organizing and conducting high-quality championships and events, which serve as platforms for competition, development, and community engagement.
About Curl BC:
Curl BC is the provincial sport governing body that actively encourages participation and development of curling and adaptive curling in BC. Curl BC is committed to hosting professionally-run and inclusive competitions across the province. Curl BC’s head office is located in Burnaby, BC.
British Columbia Golf and Curl BC are partnering to seek a dynamic and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Events Manager. This role is vital to the success of our provincial championships and other golf and curling related events. The Events Manager will play a key role in assisting BC Golf’s Tournament Director and Curl BC’s Competitions Manager in planning, coordinating, and executing all aspects of the championship seasons. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone passionate about golf, curling and event management to make a significant impact on the golf and curling communities in British Columbia.
1. Event Planning and Coordination:
- Collaborate with BC Golf’s Tournament Director and Curl BC’s Competitions Manager to plan and execute all provincial championships and related events
- Coordinate logistics, including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations for participants, officials and staff
- Assist with event registration, including online registration platforms, fee collection, and participant communication
2. Marketing and Promotion:
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote championships, drive participant registration, and engage the golfing and curling communities
- In conjunction with the communication department, create and distribute promotional materials, press releases, and social media content
- Work with the communications department to maintain the event website and social media channels
3. Participant Services:
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, including answering inquiries, handling special requests, and ensuring a positive experience throughout the events
- Assist with player check-in, distribution of event materials, and any on-site needs during championships
4. Sponsorship and Partner Relations:
- Help identify and secure sponsorship opportunities and partnerships that support the championships
- Coordinate sponsor benefits, ensuring their brand exposure and recognition at events
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with sponsors and partners
5. Volunteer Management:
- Train and supervise event volunteers to assist with various tasks, including scorekeeping, timing, and event operations
- Provide direction and support to ensure volunteers are effective in their roles
6. Post-Event Evaluation:
- Conduct post-event assessments and gather feedback to identify areas for improvement
- Prepare post-event reports for stakeholders and sponsors, highlighting key achievements and opportunities for future growth
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Event Management, Sports Management, or a related field
- Proven experience in event planning, particularly in sports industries and ideally in golf or curling
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, event management software, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of golf and curling or a passion for the sports is desirable, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and travel within British Columbia
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 10, 2023. British Columbia Golf and Curl BC are equal opportunity employers, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Join the BC Golf and Curl BC teams and be a part of creating memorable and successful golf and curling championships in the beautiful province of British Columbia!