BC Golf courses and industry associations are often looking for interested, reliable people to help them throughout their season and from time to time will post openings on this page. Check back to see what is available.
British Columbia Golf is the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) recognized by Government and Golf Canada as the organization responsible for golf within British Columbia. The organization is a non-profit, operating with a volunteer board. Incorporated in 1922, British Columbia Golf has roots extending back to 1893.
JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH BRITISH COLUMBIA GOLF
Title: Events Operations Assistant
Reports to: Director of Rules & Competitions and Manager of Participation and Partnerships
Location: Hybrid/British Columbia Golf Head Office
Ideal Start Date: May 27, 2024 (Two positions)
End Date: August 30, 2024 (Two positions)
British Columbia Golf is the governing body for amateur golf in the province of British Columbia, Canada. We are dedicated to fostering the growth, development, and promotion of the sport of golf across the region. BC Golf is committed to organizing and conducting high-quality championships and events, which serve as platforms for competition, development, and community engagement.
British Columbia Golf is looking for two (2) qualified applicants to serve as Events Operations assistants within the Amateur Championships department. These individuals will act as ambassadors for British Columbia Golf within the communities hosting our competitions and participation programs and ultimately be responsible for promoting the British Columbia Golf brand, as well as the game of golf.
Successful individuals will help conduct British Columbia Golf’s Provincial Championships and participation programs. They will meet and interact with many people, including (but not limited to) the following: future players of the PGA and LPGA Tours, members of the British Columbia Golf Board of Directors and Zone Council, PGA of Canada members (professionals & general managers), and golf course superintendents.
Interns will work approximately 7-10 championships and participation events from June to August and will travel extensively around the province. Travel distances between championships will vary depending on the travel scheduled. All staff will spend a great deal of time together striving to achieve common objectives and must be willing to work in a team atmosphere and learn how to effectively solve problems and difficult situations.
Opportunities to support other British Columbia Golf initiatives (communications, performance, governance) may also be available.
1. Tournament Operations - 75%
- Support the respective Tournament Director in all aspects of the Championship.
- Managing equipment, signage and supplies inventory, maintenance, and replenishment.
- Tournament set-up, preparation, and tear down of equipment and signage on the golf course and around the host venue.
- Golf course set-up and preparation for championship play (ie. course-marking).
- Provide support to tournament officials and assist with the ‘Starting and Scoring’ of players.
- Maintain amateur championships websites and tournament pages, updating as required.
- Assist with media and public relations tasks (capturing content, facilitating interviews, etc.).
- Provide on-site support to host club volunteers and facilitate training sessions at host clubs.
- Deliver customer excellence to all partners, volunteers, players and participating host club staff.
- Represent British Columbia Golf in a professional manner at all times.
- Other duties or special assignments as required.
2. Participation Programs – 25%
- Support the Manager of Participations and Partnerships in all aspects of the clinic, community event, or participation program
- Program set-up, preparation, and tear down of equipment and signage at the host venue.
- Data collection and reporting of participation numbers.
- Maintaining prizing and giveaway inventory.
- Assist with media and public relations tasks (capturing content, facilitating interviews, etc.).
- Assisting with scoring and communications for Women’s Golf Cloud Series.
HOURS OF WORK
- A typical setup day will be around 8 to 10 hours.
- A typical tournament day will begin at 6:00am and end at 8:00-10:00pm.
- Clinic or participation program hours vary.
- Up to 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays when you are working at a multi-day championship.
- The travel schedule (provided by manager) is based on the tournament schedule each year. Event assistants may be expected to work up to 2-3 weeks at a time.
- If you are not a morning person this job is not for you!
- If you do not enjoy travel and have difficulty being away from your family or friends for extended periods of time, this job is not for you!
- Compensating time off will be provided during non-tournament weeks.
- All staff travel across the Province via British Columbia Golf’s vehicles.
- Travel distances between championships vary depending on travel schedule.
- Accommodation and meals (or per diem) during championships covered by British Columbia Golf.
Each championship will have a minimum of one full time staff person and one intern assigned to run an event. The team will travel as a pair. Teams spend a great deal of time together striving to achieve common objectives and must be willing to work in a team atmosphere and learn how to effectively solve problems and difficult situations. It is each staff person’s responsibility to overcome personal differences and grow as a team throughout the duration of the summer. If you are not a team player and find it challenging to meet the stated expectations, this job is not an appropriate fit for you.
$675 per week.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- University and/or College students or recent graduates preferred.
- Valid full Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Willingness to work flexible work hours and during inclement weather conditions.
- Must have an interest to travel and spend multiple weeks away from home at a time.
- Willingness to endure physical labour (ie. heavy lifting) on daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Highly motivated individual with resiliency under pressure.
- Positive attitude with the ability to self-start and take an active leadership role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Must be able to attend the British Columbia Golf office as required.
- Golf knowledge or experience is not required but a passion and interest in the game of golf and in British Columbia Golf’s mission is.
Note: British Columbia Golf’s regular hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours a day and 5 days a week. Pay is based on an $18/hour wage. When on-site at tournaments, the hours are significantly more. This position is hybrid while not at events and remote when on the road at tournaments. The demands of this position mean that your hours of work will vary, may be irregular and will be the hours required to meet the objectives of your employment. In lieu of overtime, compensating time off will be provided during non-tournament weeks.
How to apply: Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3rd, 2024. British Columbia Golf thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and youth across our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal check as a condition of employment.
British Columbia Golf is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential. British Columbia Golf provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation, or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We value and promote a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Should you require any accessibility related accommodations or specific adjustments to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process, and thereafter, please reach out to the recruitment team by email. All information provided will be treated as confidential and used only to provide an accessible candidate experience.
Job Opportunity With Highland Pacific Golf
Join Our Team as an Irrigation Technician at Highland Pacific Golf! 🌿
Are you passionate about maintaining well manicured fairways & greens? We're looking for an Irrigation Technician to join our Golf Course Maintenance team at Highland Pacific Golf in Victoria, BC.
📍 Location: Victoria, BC
📅 Application Deadline: Ongoing
📧 Send Your Application To: Jeff Palmer, General Manager - email@example.com
As an Irrigation Technician, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring our golf course stays in pristine condition. Here's what you'll be doing:
🚜 Operating, servicing, and repairing irrigation system components
🌧️ Performing preventative maintenance as necessary
💧 Adjusting sprinkler heads to ensure even coverage
🧰 Inventorying and stocking irrigation parts and tools for minimal downtime
🔌 Maintaining knowledge of pump station maintenance
⚙️ Operating, maintaining, and repairing a complex irrigation system
📝 Reporting and logging irrigation system repairs
🔧 Prioritizing and efficiently managing irrigation breaks
🌱 Conducting monthly checks of sprinkler heads
👷 Incorporating safe work practices
🗓️ Ensuring regular and reliable attendance
🎓 Certificate from college or technical school OR three to six months related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
💪 Physical stamina for standing, walking, lifting, and occasional outdoor work in various weather conditions.
🚗 Valid Driver's License.
Join us in maintaining the beauty of Highland Pacific and be part of our dedicated team. Send your application to Jeff Palmer, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't miss this opportunity to contribute to our golf course's stunning conditions! ⛳ #HighlandPacificGolf #IrrigationTechnician #VictoriaBC #JobOpportunity
Other Job Opportunity Resources:
Golf Canada posted Career Opportunites - Click HERE