British Columbia Golf
Mission, Vision and Value Statement
British Columbia Golf is a leader and steward of golf, building participation and supporting the sport by providing resources, education and competition for British Columbians
British Columbia Golf is a leader and valued partner in growing "Golf, A Sport For Life"
- Ethical Practices
British Columbia Golf Fully Supports Inclusiveness And Is Proud To Support
The Women In Golf Charter As Led By The R&A
Our targets as a charter signatory from 2019 are the following:
- Support Golf Canada in reaching their targets as a signatory.
- Provide and support women golfers in British Columbia to affiliate and support the LPGA Amateur Golf Association and LPGA Women’s Network.
- Actively market #inviteHer on all British Columbia Golf digital and social media platforms.
- Commit to providing equal and balanced media coverage of women and girls in competitive and recreational golf.
- Embrace International Women’s Golf Day on an annual basis.
- Solicit and encourage all British Columbia Member Clubs to support and embrace International Women’s Golf Day.
- Celebrate and promote the Astor Cup a quadrennial women’s team competition between New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Great Britain / Ireland and Canada. The Astor Cup last took place August 24th through August 31, 2019 at Royal Colwood.
Allied Golf Association - British Columbia Golf
The Allied Golf Association (AGA) in conjunction with British Columiba Golf has produced a 'scorecard' which grades the various components of the golf industry with respect to performance in those areas by comparing it against par on a typical golf scorecard.
You can see how the golf industry sees its own performance of late below. And as with any competitor who wishes to excel, the goal is to bring that score in line with improved results and aim to submit the best score possible.