BC's Jennifer Greggain Named Coach Of National Junior Squads
by Golf Canada
PGA of Canada member Jennifer Greggain has been named coach of the National Junior Squads by Golf Canada.
Working alongside head coach Robert Ratcliffe, Jennifer Greggain will help guide mental performance, physiotherapy, biomechanics and nutrition for the Canada’s top athletes.
Coaching will be based at the national training centre at Bear Mountain in Victoria, B.C., featuring a centralized component from March through June which provides accommodation and education for athletes during their high school second semester.
Greggain, a resident of Chilliwack, B.C., transitions into the role after joining the national team program as assistant coach of the Women’s Amateur and Young Pro Squads in January of 2020.
Prior to joining Golf Canada, Greggain was the director of instruction at Chilliwack Golf Club, the assistant coach for the University of the Fraser Valley, and led the B.C. Summer Games Squad on numerous occasions. Before her coaching career, she was an accomplished player for more than 10 years on the LPGA and Symetra Tours.
“Jennifer brings a strong background in competitive golf to compliment a wealth of coaching knowledge that will continue to fill the pipeline with high performance athletes,” said head coach Robert Ratcliffe.
image credit Jurgen Kaminski/BC Golf
Jennifer Greggain Was An Instrumental Contributing Coach At The Recent BC Golf Performance Camp Held At Mayfair Lakes GC In Richmond
Below is a small sample of the positions and roles Jennifer has held with British Columbia Golf just in 2020 during Covid-19 and work she's done with/for the Province of BC:
- Coach on the Team BC Leadership Team of Coaches/Specialists for the 2020 BC Performance Program
- Coach of the 2020 BC Juvenile/BC Junior Girls Championship, Aug. 2020
- Coach at the 2020 BC Bantam Championship, coached two Team BC squad members, Aug. 2020
- Coach at the Team BC Training Camp at Mayfair Lakes GC in July, 2020
- Coach with the Team BC performance program for the VGT competitions in June, 2020
- Coach for the 2020 BC Women’s Amateur Championship, Aug. 2020
- Performance coach and organizer of 3 CSG Regional ID Camps, coordinating 7 coaches, 39 players, 3 training venues, Sept. 2020
- Attended and coached at the final training camp for Team BC Squad at Seymour, Sept. 2020
- Jennifer has an extensive coaching resume with BC Golf from 2017-2019, as a provincial coach of multiple BC Teams on a national and international level
In addition, Jennifer is both TPI and K-Vest certified and last June she enrolled in the University of British Columbia’s Master of High Performance and Technical Leadership program. Greggain is the recipient of the 2018 PGA of Canada Jack McLaughlin Junior Leader of the Year. She was also just named the Jim Gibson Scholarship Award Winner by the PGA of BC as part of their annual awards.
The recipient of this scholarship "exemplifies volunteerism and demonstrates a passion for furthering their education for their community's benefit."
The PGA of Canada Class ‘A’ member was also instrumental in guiding Golf Canada’s Women in Coaching program.
Greggain is a mother of two and lives in B.C. with her husband.