Optimist Golf Offers $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity
Optimist Golf is offering two special awards recognizing the academic accomplishments and/or community service of five junior golfers, the 2018 Hugh Cranford All-Scholastic COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD For Boys and Girls Ages 16-18 as of August 1, 2018.
Golfers have a chance to apply for one or both: There are separate applications for each award category.
- Academic and Essay Award — 4 golfers selected
- Community Service Award - 1 golfer selected
The five Junior golfers selected to the team receive an automatic exemption into the 2018 championship and complimentary registration which includes tournament entry, hotel accommodations and meals. The $1,000.00 scholarship award will be sent directly to the financial aid department of the recipient’s chosen University, College or Technical School.
Junior golfers who are interested in applying should read the steps below and submit the application(s).
- Community Service Award only — on separate sheet explain total involvement in project
- Also include Flyer / or newspaper clippings— if available
- Attach supporting documentation. The following items are the only items that will be accepted: current school transcript, most-recent grade report, and test results
- Include two letters of recommendation from adults other than family members
- Send the application and supporting documents via email, fax or mail
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 314-735-4107
Mail: Optimist Junior Golf | Attn: All-Scholastic Team 4494 Lindell Blvd. | St. Louis, MO 63108 US
Application must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2018 and received in St. Louis Office by April 6, 2018. All applicants will be notified of their status by May 1, 2018. Applicants must also show that they have acceptable tournament experience to be able to compete.
For questions contact: (314) 881-1307 or toll free (800) 500-8130, ext. 207. Thank you for your interest in the Hugh Cranford All-Scholastic Team.
Please see attached information regarding the above for more info and application forms. Please note that the deadline is tight: April 1.