British Columbia Golf 2018 Annual General Meeting - Second Notice
The 15th Annual General Meeting of British Columbia Golf will be held on Saturday, March 17, 2018. The meeting will take place at the Marriott Hotel, 7571 Westminster Highway, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3.
ALL BCGA VOTING MEMBERS
ALL SECRETARY/TREASURERS OF ZONES
ALL ZONE CHAIRS
SECOND NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TAKE NOTICE THAT the 15th Annual General Meeting of British Columbia Golf will be held on Saturday, March 17, 2018. The meeting will take place at the Marriott Hotel, 7571 Westminster Highway, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3.
All supporting documents can be located by clicking the links at the bottom of this page.
For the benefit of the delegates, the AGM registration desk will be open at 1:30pm.
DATED: the 2nd day of March 2018.
Helen Steeves, Secretary
On behalf of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
1:30pm – 2:00pm Registration
2:00pm Opening Remarks
Order of Business
The following order of business must be observed at the Annual General Meeting:
a. call to order, welcoming remarks;
b. reading notice of meeting and proof of mailing same;
c. approval of agenda;
d. report as to quorum;
e. appoint scrutineers;
f. reading and disposition of any unapproved minutes;
g. elections of Directors to the board;
h. review of financial statements and auditor’s report;
i. amendments to constitutions and/or by-laws;
- Statement regarding transition to revised BC Societies Act
j. Motion with respect to membership fees
- Commencing on January 1, 2019 British Columbia Golf, in partnership with Golf Canada, will implement a revised membership model which includes an “Incident Protection Program” for both individual members and facilities
- Fees will increase to $40.00 per member
- Commencing on January 1, 2020 fees will increase by a minimum of $2.00 per member until they reach $50.00 (projected 2024). Membership fees for each year will be confirmed in writing to the Annual Meeting preceding each increase
k. appointment of auditors;
l. general business;
The Distinguished Service Award and the Titelist Order of Merit presentations will be held at a different time.
The following documents are for your consideration:
- Nominating Committee Report
- Bios of those nominated by the Committee (1), (2), (3)
- Number of Delegates Per Club
- Elected Delegates for 2018 AGM
- 2017 Audited Financial Report