The R&A Hosts Women’s Leadership Summit In St Andrews
Sky Golf Presenter And Businesswoman, Sarah Stirk - Image courtesy www.randa.org
For Immediate Publication
(August 1st, 2017) - St Andrews, Scotland: The R&A will host a women’s leadership summit, this week, ahead of the Ricoh Women’s British Open at Kingsbarns, near St Andrews.
A group of 21 women from the worlds of business, finance, sport, education and the media will meet in the clubhouse of The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews. The summit, conceived and organized by Sky Golf presenter and businesswoman, Sarah Stirk, is designed as a pathfinder for a larger event next year.
Keynote sessions on the art of confidence and the perception of ambition, the rise of female representation in the boardroom and what sport must learn from business for a sustainable future will be debated and will help shape the agenda for the summit planned for 2018.
Session leaders include Caroline Hyde, Bloomberg Technology news anchor, Dr. Bridget McConnell CBE, Glasgow Life Chief Executive, and Jane Booth, Head of Research at Women Ahead.
Sarah Stirk said, “Major sport has the power to bring people together from all walks of life. It takes them out of the workplace and provides an inspiring forum for debate for those who occupy leadership positions in their own organisations. Our aim this week is to move forward with an equality and diversity agenda for a full-scale summit in 12 months’ time at the Ricoh Women’s British Open at Royal Lytham and St Annes.”
The summit is supported by The R&A and Ricoh Europe PLC. The R&A merged with the Ladies’ Golf Union on 1 January 2017 and now has responsibility for running a series of elite women’s amateur championships and international matches as well as supporting the development of women’s and girls’ golf around the world.
Women’s Leadership Summit participants:
- Bridget Blow CBE, CEO Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Jane Booth, Head of Research Women Ahead
- Laura Curtis, CMO Jupiter Asset Management
- Jackie Davidson, Assistant Director - Golf Development The R&A
- Sophie Dekkers, UK Country Director Easyjet
- Nicola Downing, CFO Ricoh Europe PLC
- Gemma Greaves, CEO The Marketing Society
- Caroline Hazelhurst, COO Deliveroo
- Caroline Hyde, News Anchor Bloomberg Technology
- Dr. Bridget McConnell CBE, Chief Executive Glasgow Life
- Michelle McGrade, CIO TD Direct
- Julie Meyer, Co-Founder First Tuesday
- Kate Nicols, CEO ALMR
- Andrea Nolan OBE, Vice-Chancellor, Edinburgh Napier University
- Elena Riva, CEO Lonsdale Homes
- Natalia Rotenberg CEO NR Enterprises
- Sarah Stirk, Presenter Sky Golf
- Georgina Usher, CEO British Fencing
- Suzi Walker, CEO Primal Pantry
- Nuala Walsh, CMO Standard Life
About The R&A: Based in St Andrews, The R&A runs The Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. Together The R&A and the USGA govern the sport of golf worldwide, operating in separate jurisdictions but sharing a commitment to a single code for the Rules of Golf, Rules of Amateur Status and Equipment Standards. The R&A governs worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, with the consent of 152 organisations from amateur and professional golf and on behalf of over 30 million golfers in 138 countries. The R&A is committed to working for golf and supports the growth of the sport internationally and the development and management of sustainable golf facilities. In 2017, The R&A completed a merger with the Ladies Golf Union (LGU).
For more information about The R&A visit www.RandA.org.