Second Notice of 2016 AGM for British Columbia Golf
ALL BCGA VOTING MEMBERS
ALL SECRETARY/TREASURER OF ZONES
ALL ZONE CHAIRS
SECOND NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
13th Annual General Meeting of the British Columbia Golf Association will be held on Saturday, April 2, 2016. The meeting will take place at Tsawwassen Springs Golf, 5099 Springs Blvd, Delta, BC V4M 0A2.
- All supporting documents can be found at www.britishcolumbiagolf.org.
- For the benefit of the delegates, the AGM registration desk will be open at 8:30 am.
DATED: the 17th day of March 2016.
Helen Steeves, Secretary
On behalf of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PRE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING SEMINAR
8:30 - 9:00am Registration
9:00 - 9:15 The Allied Golf Association of British Columbia.
Speaker: Kris Jonasson, Executive Director, British Columbia Golf
Topic: The Allied Golf Association “What is it and why does it matter?"
Kris Jonasson will explain who comprises the Allied Golf Association, what projects have been undertaken and why this group is important to the golf industry in British Columbia.
9:15 - 9:45 IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Certification
Speaker: Jerry Rousseau, Executive Director, Western Canada Turfgrass Association
Topic: How changes to the BC IMP affect golf in BC
After seven years of consultation and review, amendments to the British Columbia IPM Act and regulation come into effect this summer. New requirements are designed to improve human safety and environmental protection and will apply to all golf courses. Jerry will discuss major changes to the rules and how the industry is preparing itself.
9:45 - 10:45 ”Sustainability”
Speaker: Larry Gilhuly, Agronomist West Region, United States Golf Association
Topic: “Sustainability and the real story of the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.”
Larry Gilhuly will talk about sustainability and recent initiatives from teh USGA. He will also touch on some of the unreported facts from the 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay.
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:45 The California Golf Alliance
Speaker: Kevin Heaney, Executive Director, Southern California Golf Association
Topic – The California Golf Alliance
The California Golf Alliance has been crucial in keeping golf healthy in Southern California as the state went through a prolonged drought. Kevin will outline how the alliance came together and he successes they have acheived with regulators
11:45 - 12:15 Panel Discussion
12:15 - 1:00 AGM Registration
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
1:00 Greetings: Scott Simmons, CEO Golf Canada
Order of Buisness
The following order of business shall be observed at the Annual General Meeting:
- call to order, welcoming remarks;
- reading notice of meeting and proof of mailing same;
- approval of agenda;
- report as to quorum;
- appoint of scrutineers;
- reading and disposition of any unapproved minutes;
- elections of the Directors to the Board
- review of financial statements and auditor's report
- amendments to constitutions and/or by-laws;
- appointment of auditors
- general business; 2016-2018 Strategic Plan
2015 Titleist Order of Merit winners
- Second Notice
- Nominating Committee Report
- Number of Delegates for 2015 AGM
- Bios of those nominated by the Committee
- Elected Delegates for 2016 AGM
- Audited Financial Report 2015
- 2015 Interim Balance Sheet
- Annual General Review