British Columbia Golf 2021 Annual General Meeting - First Notice
ALL BRITISH COLUMBIA GOLF VOTING MEMBERS
ALL SECRETARY/TREASURER OF ZONES
FIRST NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TAKE NOTICE THAT the 18th Annual General Meeting of British Columbia Golf will be a virtual meeting held on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
The meeting will use Zoom as the meeting platform and all voting members will be provided with a meeting link with which to log-in to the meeting.
All supporting documents can be located by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.
Each member club is represented by delegates based on membership size. The delegate list for the 17th annual AGM is posted on our website along with all other AGM notifications. British Columbia Golf will consider this delegate list eligible to vote in the 18th annual AGM unless a revised list of delegates is provided.
To confirm a club’s allowable number of delegates, please refer to by-law 23.1 enclosed. Please complete the Delegate Registration Form and include addresses and email contacts for each delegate, as they will receive meeting and voting materials directly.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
6:45 - 7:00PM Registration
7:00 Annual General Meeting
Distinquished Service Award
- Barb Silvester
- Michael Parker
- Trevor Brown
DATED February 17, 2021 Sheila Van Gisbergen, Secretary
On behalf of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Please note the following sections of the Constitution and By-Laws of the British Columbia Golf Association:
12.6 Directors at Large must be elected pursuant to the following process:
- Nominations of candidates may also be made in writing and signed by at least three Voting Members. Such nominations must be accompanied by the written consent of the nominee(s) and delivered to the Association at least 21 days prior to the General Meeting; (Deadline 4:30pm Pacific Standard Time, March 10, 2021)
23.1 Each Voting Member must be entitled to appoint Delegates to represent it at General Meetings according to the following formula:
- a membership of 150 or less: 1 Delegate
- a membership of 151 to 300: 2 Delegates;
- a membership of 301 to 450: 3 Delegates;
- a membership of 452 to 600: 4 Delegates; and
- a membership of 601 or more: 5 Delegates.
23.2 For purposes of this section, the number of Delegates from a Voting Member must be calculated according to the number of its members as at September 30th of the year preceding the Annual Meeting.
- notification that each Voting Member is entitled to nominate Members as candidates for election for the office of Director at Large, pursuant to guidelines as issued by the Board;
- the number of eligible Delegates pursuant to section 23;
- a list of the nominees selected by the Nominating Committee for election for the office of Director at Large.
At the Annual Meeting, Delegates will be asked, to elect three (3) Directors at Large to serve the Association.
In naming your delegates, it is important to acknowledge that British Columbia Golf represents both men and women. Membership numbers for each Voting Member include both Men and Women. Delegates to the AGM should reflect both genders.
We would encourage all clubs to name Delegates to the AGM. Delegates do not have to attend the AGM but can vote by proxy. Details on how to complete proxies will be sent with the second notice of meeting to delegates only. We ask that clubs notify British Columbia Golf as to the name and contact information of their delegates on the form provided on or before March 10, 2021. Thank you for your prompt attention to this notice.
Note: You can fax forms to our office at (604) 952-0060 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is available by clicking on the links:
- Director at Large Nominations received – Bios
- Delegates Submission for Registration Form
- Director at Large Nomination Form
- Elected Delegates for 2021 AGM
- Nominating Committee Memo
- Club membership numbers categorized by Zone